Terms & Conditions
CHI Membership Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions refer to your organization’s membership with the California Healthcare Institute (CHI) and payment transactions between you and CHI.
Section 1. Applying for Membership
Applications for membership may be submitted by authorized individuals on behalf of their membership-eligible business, organization, or employer. Online registration can be accessed through the CHI website at www.chi.org/join-chi-form or by requesting a CHI Application Form by calling 858-551-6677. If your enterprise is eligible for membership, your membership will be activated in the appropriate member category after acceptance of your application and payment of membership dues. CHI retains the right to refuse applications for membership.
Section 2. Payment of Membership Dues
Payment of annual membership dues is required at the time the application is completed.
(a) Annual Membership Dues Payment: Once your membership with CHI is activated, the membership renewal payment will be due each year on or before the last day of the month in which you joined for as long as you remain a member. In advance of the date your membership will expire, you will receive an invoice via email and a request for payment of the annual membership fee. You will continue to receive notices until you complete your renewal, or your membership is terminated. (See Section 3 below). CHI retains the right to change membership fees, but will inform you about any such changes before they are implemented.
Section 3. Duration of Membership
All memberships in CHI renew annually. Members are requested to give 30-days prior notice of intention to terminate their membership.
(a) Any Member may resign from CHI upon written notice to the organization. A resigning Member is not entitled to any refund of dues.
(b) Any memberships that remain unpaid on the last day of the month of expiration, unless otherwise extended for good cause, shall be terminated for nonpayment of dues. Memberships terminated for nonpayment of dues may be eligible for reinstatement as determined by the Board.
If you wish to discontinue your membership with CHI, notification should be provided to CHI by email at XYZ@chi.org , by writing to: CHI, 888 Prospect Street, Suite 220, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Section 5. Payment
CHI accepts payment in the form of personal or business checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express or via ACH (further paperwork required). If for any reason payment is incomplete (returned check, declined credit card, etc.), the Membership will be placed on hold and the member will be unable to access CHI programs, services and benefits. Members with incomplete payments will be contacted by the CHI office for resolution. Memberships with incomplete payments that have not been resolved within 30 days are subject to termination.
Section 6. Reimbursement of Membership Fees or Other Payment
In the event of an error by CHI at the time of member registration or payment, CHI will refund the incorrectly charged fees or other payment. Once membership application and payment have been processed by CHI, resulting in benefits being administered to the member (such as activation of online member center access, member communications, etc.), there will be no refund or reimbursement of the membership dues payment. CHI will not refund any fees for the preceding period after termination of membership. Payments are not exchangeable, transferable, and may not be applied as credit to other products or services now or in the future. This applies to all forms of payment.
Section 7. Membership Benefits
By being registered as a Member and paying for CHI Membership Dues you are, subject to these Membership Terms & Conditions, entitled to:
CHI is an instrument for direct political involvement, enabling members to meet legislators and influence the laws and regulations that affect their businesses.
As a CHI member you:
- Directly shape the group’s agenda;
- Benefit from access to federal and state lawmakers, through CHI-sponsored forums and small group and individual meetings with elected officials;
- Leverage CHI’s ability to navigate the complexities of Washington and Sacramento.
- Quarterly dinners with industry opinion leaders
- CHI Annual Meeting
- CHI Policy Perspective series featuring key political figures
- Roundtable breakfasts and luncheons on specific policy, regulatory, financing or other business issues
- Receptions, forums and symposia
- Educational forums and webinars
Increased Corporate Visibility
- Free enhanced company profile in the California Healthcare Industry Directory, the only guide to the organizations and people in California’s biomedical industry. Member profile on CHI’s portal website includes corporate logo and link to company’s website;
- Opportunities for sponsorship of policy forums, conferences, membership meetings and other CHI events;
- Features in CHI’s member newsletter, website and social media;
- Opportunities to present at CHI meetings and conferences.
Access to Information
- Access to up-to-date policy and industry information, exclusively for the benefit of CHI members;
- Pipeline for information to the media about achievements and potential of California’s biomedical research industry;
- Subscription to CHI’s online member newsletters the CHI Bulletin, Sacramento at a Glance and Washington Report;
- Webinars on key legal, regulatory and business topics
- Free copies of CHI’s publications, policy and industry reports.
Membership benefits will be extended to all employees of the Member organization, including employees of any subsidiary wholly owned by the member organization.