California Healthcare Institute unites more than 275 commercial and start-up biotechnology, pharmaceutical, device, and diagnostics companies, with California’s top academic research institutions as well as investors and professional services firms to advocate policies and actions that advance biomedical research and innovation. Join CHI and make a positive impact in the world of life sciences.
- CHI is a channel for direct political involvement, enabling members to influence the laws and regulations that affect their businesses.
- Members actively shape CHI’s policy agenda; in many cases, one company’s problem has been the catalyst for a major CHI initiative.
- Timely, focused information from CHI keeps members abreast of important legislative developments.
- Members enjoy excellent access to federal and state lawmakers, including CHI-sponsored forums, small group and individual meetings with elected officials.
- Receive legislative alerts notifying you when immediate action is needed on state and federal legislation.
- CHI provides the framework and background for busy executives to make efficient use of their time in navigating the complexities of Washington and Sacramento.
- Members can join the CHI federal and state legislative affairs committees and influence CHI’s policy direction on key issues.
Increased Corporate Visibility
- Free company profile in the California Biomedical Industry Online Directory. Your profile on CHI’s website includes your corporate logo and link to your company’s website.
- Opportunities for sponsorship of policy forums, conferences, membership meetings and other CHI events.
- Feature in CHI’s member newsletter, and CHI Bulletin.
- Opportunities to present at CHI meetings and conferences.
- Opportunities to share ideas, exchange viewpoints and network with industry and academic leaders at CHI’s meetings and events.
- Invitation to CHI’s Round Table series, which features engaging presentations from key political figures and industry leaders.
Access to Information
- Access to up-to-date policy and industry information, exclusively for the benefit of CHI members.
- Pipeline for information to the media about achievements and potential of California’s biomedical research industry.
- Subscription to CHI’s online member newsletters the CHI Bulletin, Sacramento at a Glance and Washington Report.
- Free copies of CHI’s publications, policy and industry reports.